Monday 22 April 2013

Autumn to Winter




It's usually about this time of the year when I do a whingy post about the weather and how I can only survive in a climate that is averaging 20+ degrees everyday.

This year I don't feel that way. Maybe it's because I am blessed with a warm house now, or maybe it's because we had one of the best and longest summers I can remember.

I love winter clothes... that helps.
I think there is something nice about the legit excuse to wrap the kids up in blankets and veg out in front of the tv. (Well, not JUST the kids ahem 2 movies back to back for us yesterday)

Also, the rain.
I love the rain.
I planted a garden this year, and to be honest, I'm all good for the first 2 weeks post planting, but after that I kind of forget about the ever important watering..
So, I really really appreciate the rain!

Sometimes I can't sleep, and lie there wondering why it is that James finds it so easy to slip into blissful REM and I am destined to just listen to the sounds of the house, and him beside me ever so quietly breathing...
At these times, I love the rain even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment